CLICS is fortunate to build on top of an outstanding, unique and well proven infrastructure - on the international center for Advanced Communication Technologies (interACT). To achieve CLICS' goals, the project begins with the following partners:
- Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (Germany)
- Carnegie Mellon University (USA, Pittsburgh & Silicon Valley)
- Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (Hong Kong, China)
- Waseda University (Japan)
- Nara Institute of Science and Technology (Japan)
These five partners are research institutions with educational specialities, and course offerings and expertise teaching the scientific disciplines that CLICS intends to develop for the integrated courses. The all offer courses in language technologies, speech recognition, machine translation, and robotics and have faculty that are internationally known for their research contributions in these areas. Consequentially, they are well equipped to contribute lectures for a MOOC and can be expected to use the resulting courses in their own educational programs.